Have an event?
Please submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This event has passed.
Women’s Club Art Walk/Sale
November 4 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Join the Women’s Club of Auburn on Saturday, November 4, for an Art Walk! There will be 23 artists with work on display from 10 am until 4 pm at the Women’s Club located at 712 Sanders Street in Auburn.
About the Woman’s Club of Auburn
This antebellum cottage, constructed in 1853, was originally located on the site of the Ralph B. Draughon Library at Auburn University. One of its owners was Confederate Army Gen. James H. Lane. It was moved to its current location in 1962 and gifted to the Woman’s Club for use as a clubhouse. Architect Frank Orr oversaw the dismantling, moving and restoration. Last year, the Auburn Preservation League, Mary Elizabeth Stallworth Foundation, Charter Bank and the Alabama Historical Commission provided funds to restore the interior of the house. The house was placed on the Alabama Register of Landmarks and Heritage in 1991. Several items original to the home remain including jib windows, two fireplaces, door bell, pine floors and front porch lattice. The home is adorned with period furniture and items that were given to the club through the years from various families associated with Auburn.
** Park behind the home.